your dream job,
in a spectacular setting
love working at the KPDSB!
It’s breathtaking here. You’ll never tire of the view from your window—at home or in your classroom!
Our entire region is comprised of small, tight-knit, community schools.
Everything is affordable! Our region boasts one of the most inexpensive costs of living in the province.
Our backyard is full of activities—you can fish, hike, snowmobile, hunt, and boat from right outside your door.
You’ll feel at home here immediately, as all of our small communities are friendly and welcoming.
With our Board’s focus on cross-cultural competency, you get to experience reconciliation in action.
You’ll have access to the best tech—all our students & staff are engaged in technology-enabled learning.
With our amazing Leadership at KP program, your opportunities to develop are endless.
Teach outdoors! Almost all of our schools offer extensive outdoor education and Forest School programming.
Enjoy smaller classes. Our smaller communities translates directly into smaller class sizes.
You can receive (or become) a mentor when you participate in our amazing mentorship program.
Watch your students thrive as you guide them through our extensive experiential learning programs.
So what is it really like to live & teach up here?
We want you to come teach
at the KPDSB!
What does French Language Programming look like up here?
- In addition to Core French programming, we also offer French Immersion and Extended French in some of our schools. Our French as a Second Language (FSL) programs continue to grow every year.
- We maintain a partnership with the Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF) centre, so that our students can continue to participate in their language certification program.
- In addition to our students’ learning, we continue to provide professional learning opportunities for our FSL educators to further develop effective instructional practices, and a growing number of our teachers have become DELF certified.
- Our use of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) encourages a natural development of language and is based on student interest and authentic learning. This approach has also allowed educators to use experiential learning to enhance and maximize French language acquisition.
- We offer state of the art professional learning to our educators with the continued support of distinguished guests to the Board. These opportunities include face-to-face professional learning sessions with reknowned presenters from across the province.
- Our French Language mentorship program is an amazing experience that brings you together with a very supportive, close-knit group of other French teachers within our Board.
REMOTE. extraordinary. HOME.
The KPDSB operates 21 schools in communities throughout Northwestern Ontario. Click on a community to learn more about our region.
The most incredible education job is waiting for you...
You can also check out these great resources to learn more about the KPDSB:
Kenora – Head Office
4th Floor – 240 Veterans Drive,
Kenora, ON P9N 3Y5
Toll Free: 877-275-7771
Dryden – Office
79 Casimir Ave,
Dryden, ON P8N 2Z6
Toll Free: 877-287-5430